• 1 – 1 ½ pounds Mahi, skinless and cut into serving size pieces
• 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
• Freshly ground salt and pepper
• Juice from 1 lemon
• 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
• ½ cup panko bread crumbs
• Zest from 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 425. Wash Mahi and pat dry with paper towels. Spread olive oil on a baking sheet and place fish on the sheet and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
In a small bowl, mix together macadamia nuts, bread crumbs, and lemon zest. Spoon and press the nut mixture into the fish fillets and drizzle with the melted coconut oil.
Bake for 12-17 minutes, depending on thickness. Test the fish with a fork. If it flakes then it’s done. Serve with pineapple sauce over rice or with a side of vegetables